Univ.Ass. / BSc
I am a doctoral researcher at the Security & Privacy research unit, supervised by Prof. Matteo Maffei.
My I research interests include cryptocurrencies, programming languages, program and protocol verification, computational logic, and applied cryptography. In my research I use methods from these areas to work towardsthe semantically founded verication and enforcement of security and privacy properties of emerging applications with a focus on blockchain and web protocols.
- PreDoc Researcher
- Formal Methods for Security and Privacy / VU / 192.059
- Project in Computer Science 1 / PR / 192.075
- Project in Computer Science 2 / PR / 192.076
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Pitfalls and Best Practices in Automated Sound Static Analysis of Ethereum Smart Contracts / M. Maffei, M. Scherer, C. Schneidewind / accepted as talk for: International Symposium on Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods (ISoLA), Rhodes; 2020-10-20 - 2020-10-30; in: "International Symposium On Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods, Verification and Validation", Springer, 7609 (2020), ISBN: 978-3-642-34025-3
- eThor: Practical and Provably Sound Static Analysis of Ethereum Smart Contracts / M. Maffei, M. Scherer, C. Schneidewind / accepted as talk for: ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Orlando; 2020-11-09 - 2020-11-13; in: "CCS", ACM, (2020)
- Anonymous Multi-Hop Locks for Blockchain Scalability and Interoperability / G. Malavolta, P. Moreno-Sanchez, C. Schneidewind, A. Kate, M. Maffei / Talk: Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), San Diego, CA, US; 2019-02-24 - 2019-02-27; in: "Proceedings of 2019 Network and Distributed System Security Symposium", Reston (2019), ISBN: 1-891562-55-x; 1 - 15
- Anonymous Multi-Hop Locks for Blockchain Scalability and Interoperability / G. Malavolta, P. Moreno-Sanchez, C. Schneidewind, A. Kate, M. Matteo / Talk: ACM Advances in Financial Technologies AFT 2019, Zurich, Switzerland (invited); 2019-10-21 - 2019-10-23
- WPSE: Fortifying Web Protocols via Browser-Side Security Monitoring / S. Calzavara, M. Maffei, C. Schneidewind, M. Tempesta, M. Squarcina / in: "Proceedings of the 27th USENIX Security Symposium", 27th; issued by: USENIX Association Berkley, CA, USA; USENIX, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-931971-46-1, 1493 - 1510
- Foundations and Tools for the Static Analysis of Ethereum Smart Contracts / I. Gishchenko, M. Maffei, C. Schneidewind / in: "Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification", LNCS 10981; G. Weissenbacher, H. Chockler (ed.); issued by: Springer, Cham; Springer Open, 2018, ISBN: 978-3-319-96145-3, 51 - 78
- A Semantic Framework for the Security Analysis of Ethereum smart contracts. / I. Grishchenko, C. Schneidewind, M. Maffei / in: "Principles of Security and Trust", LNCS 10804; issued by: Springer Link; Springer Open, Schwitzerland, 2018, ISBN: 978-3-319-89721-9, 243 - 269